Hey. Guess what everybody! One of my favorite bloggers, Elizabeth over at love is the adventure, left me an award last week. Check it out:
Isn’t that cool? I feel so honored. She has such a great blog, and it makes me smile to think that she enjoys reading my blog too. Elizabeth is a PhD student in theater, and she’s always sharing her views on life and her adventures with her husband Kyle. If you haven’t read her blog, you really should check it out.
Here are the rules for accepting this prestigious award:
Thank the person.
Thank you Elizabeth! It was so nice of you to think of little ol’ me.
Share 7 things about yourself.
1. I grew up on a big cattle ranch in Montana. I spent my childhood making bows and arrows out of tree branches, splashing in the creek that ran through our ranch, playing with baby kitties in the barn, and riding horses. Cattle drives were a way of life and my high school job was cutting hay. I had the world’s best childhood.
|This is not a picture of my actual childhood, but it might as well be.|
2. I hate the sound of liquids being poured from a pitcher. Especially in the morning. I grit my teeth when I pour myself a cup of coffee. Nope, none of those horrible little fountains in my house.
3. I have three cats, but my favorite cat is Amira, otherwise known as Mimi. Don’t ask me where she got that nickname. It may sound mean to say that she’s my favorite, but she has tons of personality that only someone like me could understand. For instance, when she growls at me and tries to bite, it really means she’s playing and loving every minute of being evil. What’s not to love?
4. I hate the word moist. Look at what shows up when you enter it into Thesaurus.com:
That word just sounds dirty, and I really don’t want to use it to describe a cake or other food product.
5. I love the TV show Friends. I still watch it over and over because I own the whole series on DVD. Johna makes fun of me because I still cry when Ross and Rachel break up. What? It’s sad. Even after the 789th time I’ve seen it.
6. I can quote the movie Wayne’s World almost word for word. Aladdin too, and The Little Mermaid, and Spaceballs. It’s a gift… and it’s not at all pathetic or weird.
7. If I never had to work another day of my life, I would travel and throw pottery. Not throw it at a wall… you know… make pretty vases and whatnot. I love to make pottery. Here’s a vase I made:
Pass this award on to 5 other recently discovered blogs.
I’m pretty new to the blogging world so all of these are recently discovered to me. I seriously love these blogs. Check ‘em out: