Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Painted My Kitchen… Yay!

Over the last few days, I have been busy, busy, busy with painting our kitchen.  The last time it was painted was years ago and Chris and I did a pretty shoddy job on it.  This time, I wanted to do it right.  Allow me to show you my work..

Before:

027

028

The paint was peeling in places (notice the big spot in the hallway), we were tired of yellow, and the room just didn’t feel clean anymore.  It’s hard to see from the pictures, but there was dried paint on all of the hinges and hardware, and the inside of the cupboards and drawers looked dingy.

So here’s how I remedied these problems:

031  kitchen 011

kitchen 013

I took all the cupboard doors off and removed the hardware.  Then I soaked the door pulls, hinges, and screws in paint thinner (Now can you see the dried paint?).  I also gave the drawers and cupboard doors a fresh coat of paint.

Then it was time to paint the walls….. Green!

kitchen 003

kitchen 017    kitchen 019

kitchen 023


kitchen 024

We like it much better.  No more peeling paint, sloppy looking door pulls, or stains that won’t come clean. I also put contact paper inside all of the cupboards and drawers.  Nice and tidy… yeah. 

Now if we could just do something about that sicknast floor.  Saturday maybe?


kitchen 025    kitchen 027

2 comments:

angie on maui said...

Yay...fun! I love house projects; it's amazing the difference a fresh coat of paint can offer! And I loooove the green!

Elizabeth @ Love Is the Adventure said...

That's a great color for the kitchen! Makes me want to go clean something...your hard work definitely paid off!