Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I had a baby shower way back when…


So, yeah. Remember how I said I was going blog a little bit about my pregnancy? Well, one of my big days was the day of my baby shower.  It was way back in March.  On March 17th to be exact at my friend Melissa’s house.  My friend Courtney was the one who actually hosted the party.  That was pretty fun because we were both pregnant, but she was REALLY pregnant.  Like, about to pop out a baby any day pregnant.

IMG_2486

The shower was an owl theme.  We had some cute owl decorations, and Courtney made a cake, some cupcakes and some other goodies.

100_0400

IMG_2480  100_0399

I also made some cute party favors that I saw on Pinterest

100_0402

We had a good time visiting, playing games, and of course I opened some presents.  I could not believe how generous everyone was.

100_0433

IMG_2485 (2)

IMG_2487

100_0434

This picture is of my Aunt Emilene (left) and my mom (right). Aren’t they cute?

PicMonkey Collage 6

We also had a decorating station where people decorated onesies and quilt squares.

IMG_2482

100_0401

Here are the finished quilt squares:

100_1429

My friend Bonnie is going to sew them together for me.  I’ll make sure to show you when it is done.

As I said before, we also decorated onesies.  I recently dressed Tanner in all of them and took pictures.  I love them so much! They turned out so cute.

PicMonkey Collage 5

It was really a fun day, and I’m so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family.

8 comments:

Lena B, Actually said...

Great post! I love the idea of decorating the onesies!
New follower from the GFC Blog Hop! Nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

I love owls. The shower was so cute. I'm a new follower from the gfc blog hop. I host a weekly link party on Wednesdays and I'd love for you to join in some time.

Jelli said...

What a fun shower. I loved having baby showers when I was pregnant. The owls are really cute. I'm sharing my baby's birth story today on my blog, if you're one of those mamaas that enjoys them like I do. Found you and now following (of course!) from the GFC hop. Have a great day, Karen.

Unknown said...

so cute :)
Here from the blog hop (and followeing!)
Love,
Elisabeth
i'd love for you to say hi over at: lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

Julie Rogers said...

Following via GFC---love the decorated onuses!

Julie Rogers said...

Come check us out at http://www.thechirpingmoms.com!!

Cassie said...

What an adorable shower! I found you via the GFC blog hop and am happy to be your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com. :)

Nancy Face said...

I'm impressed by all the creative quilt squares! Everybody did such a good job, and they turned out so cute! What a fun quilt they will become!

My favorite Onesie is the owl!

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate it!