Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kayaking Mirror Lake


I’ve been busy this weekend, but not in my favorite way.  I’ve been stuck dealing with a flat tire and doing housework today.  Don’t feel too bad for me.  It’s just a part of life and I have had some time to play around online for a while.  But that doesn’t stop me from wishing I was doing something else today.  Something more fun. Something more like what I did last Sunday. 

Last Sunday, Chris and I spent the day kayaking at Mirror lake with Chris’s mom Jan, and his brother Jesse.  We had a great time.  Mirror lake is the perfect size for kayaking and the weather was gorgeous.  We enjoyed a picnic, did some fishing from our kayaks, and paddled all the way around the lake.  It was the perfect way to spend a Sunday.

 august 015
We started the day fairly early by loading the kayaks on the jeep and we were on our way.

jeep and kayaks

Oh yeah… Let me introduce you to my kayak, Boss Frog.  He was good to me all day, and even allowed Jan and Jesse to have a turn paddling.
august 023

Picnik collage
Picnik collage 2

We had a great day, and Chris and I discovered the perfect place to take my mom and Kirk kayaking the next time they visit.  Did you get that Mom? You need to visit soon, and bring your kayaks. :)

5 comments:

Johna said...

If I were your mom I'd never visit again because you gave away the Settler's Beans recipe!! Just kidding...mirror lake is really nice :) Maybe someday when I get brave you and I can go kayaking...it's on my list!

Elizabeth @ Love Is the Adventure said...

I love that your kayak's name is Boss Frog. That is a super sweet name.

Looks like soooooo much fun. I am going to be so sad when it gets cold and gross and wintery again. I love summer. Sigh.

Kaycee said...

I agree Johna mom can come visit me in seattle instead muhahaha

Jennifer S. said...

I've never been kayaking before but its looks totally relaxing and absolutely beautiful!!

jen
http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

MOM said...

I want to go to Mirror Lake--it looks fun!!