Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Granny Ruth!


My husband’s best friend in the whole, wide world was his Grandma Ruth.  I was lucky enough to meet her when Chris and I first became friends in the year 2000 (hehe… how many of you just thought of Conan O’Brien?).  She was a HUGE part of our life.  I knew, without a doubt, that if I were ever a horrible enough person to make Chris choose between me or Granny, I would lose miserably.  She had a heart of gold, a thick German accent, and was full of piss and vinegar.  We lost her last November and we miss her terribly.  Our life now has a hole in it, and it feels sad and strange.  We are doing our best to fill that hole with happy thoughts and memories of her.  Today is her Birthday.  I have been thinking of her all day, so it seems appropriate to make today’s blog a short photo tribute.

Grandma Ruth 050

Here she is… The lady, the legend, Granny Ruth.

Grandma Ruth 031

g4

Camper dogs cats november 049

Grandma Ruth 008

Grandma Ruth 051

P1010005

Grandma Ruth 006

P1010051

Grandma Ruth 054

Grandma Ruth 055

Grandma Ruth 057

Grandma Ruth 002

P1010288

Happy birthday Granny Ruth.  We love you, and we miss you. 
XOXO

5 comments:

Johna said...

I never realized how much Chris looked like Granny until I saw that last picture. Happy Birthday, Granny! We miss you too :(

Anonymous said...

While I didn't know her personally, I can see how wonderful she was and how loved she was. I love the juxtaposition between the first and second pictures - Granny with flowers, then Granny with shotgun!! I also loved the one with the squirrel - classic. She's with you in spirit! Much love, Keri

Eva said...

Granny Ruth was so adorable! How awesome to be so close to a grandparent :)

meg fee said...

oh i love granny ruth!! what a gorgeous spitfire of a woman! happy day of remembrance and good celebrations.

Team Backwoods Views said...

Very nice baby! There never will be another Granny Ruth. I've had a lot of good friends and family, but her and I fell from the same nutty tree. I miss her with all my heart. She's my hero!