Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quinoa Pilaf

As promised, I wanted to give you the recipe for my quinoa pilaf that I served with my turkey meatloaf.  It’s really simple.

Here it is:

Meatloaf and quinoa 043

Put a tablespoon of canola oil in a pan.

Meatloaf and quinoa 046

Add 2 cups cooked quinoa (You can find easy cooking instructions here), 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms, 1 cup chopped broccoli, and 1/2 cup sunflower seeds.

Meatloaf and quinoa 045

You will also need:
2 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. onion powder
2 cloves garlic – pressed
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Meatloaf and quinoa 048

Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until broccoli is tender.

Meatloaf and quinoa 053

Serve as a side dish and brag to your friends about how healthy you are.



1 comment:

Maggy said...

this looks SO good! I love quinoa, great stuff.