Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What is Relay For Life?

Hey everyone.  My area’s Relay For Life is happening soon… Friday, June 10th to be exact.  I have been participating in this event since 2000, when my sister was pushed around the track in a wheelchair during the survivor’s lap.  She was so sick back then.  That first relay was so inspirational that my friends and I decided to start a team the next year.  I have been on a Relay For Life team now every year except for one exceptionally busy year. So yeah, I guess I’ve been participating in the event for going on 10 years. 

People ask me all the time about Relay For Life.  I get questions like, “What is Relay?” or, “Do you have to walk all night?” I think this video answers those questions better than I ever could:




If you are interested, you can donate to my team here.  Most towns or communities also hold their own Relay For Life event.  I recommend getting involved.  It is a lot of fun and it’s for a great cause!

No comments: