Saturday, June 18, 2011

Car d’Lane

Every year on Father’s Day weekend, our town holds an event called the Car d’Lane.  It’s a classic car event that lasts all weekend.  On Friday night, the owners of the cars cruise down town while crowds watch.  On Saturday, the cars are parked all along Sherman Avenue so that people can see the cars up close.  It’s a fun event, and I look forward to it every year.  I’m not a huge car enthusiast, but I can appreciate all of the hard work that goes into restoring a classic car.

Chris and I were only able to go downtown for a little while on Saturday.  When we got downtown, Chris was very proud to have found himself a parking place very close to Sherman Avenue.  He was also very proud of his parking job.  I took the opportunity to tease him about how much he likes to brag about his parallel parking skills even though he has done it about a gazillion times.

car d'alene & circus 002

Like I said, we only had to walk for a few blocks until we were immersed in an atmosphere of classic rock and classic cars.

car d'alene & circus 005

car d'alene & circus 003    car d'alene & circus 007

car d'alene & circus 008    car d'alene & circus 009

car d'alene & circus 010    car d'alene & circus 038

car d'alene & circus 016    car d'alene & circus 019

car d'alene & circus 025    car d'alene & circus 031

car d'alene & circus 032    car d'alene & circus 035

    car d'alene & circus 015

Happy Father’s Day to my step-dad Kirk!!! Even though you couldn’t go with me to the Car d’Lane this year, I hope that you enjoyed looking at these pictures.  Thanks for being such a great dad!

No comments: